Louis Scherb, a family history
The Scherb family is rooted in the Alsatian vineyard ever since the Middle Ages.
From 1690, the family settled in the town of Gueberschwihr and specialized itself in viticulture.
For several generations, the family grew and gave rise to several generations of winemakers. In the 1930s, Louis Scherb, to whom we owe the present name of our domain, sells most of its wine in barrels. In the early 1970s, two of his sons, Joseph and André, resume the family business and develop the sale of wine in bottles and through it retaine an important following of loyal customers in France and in neighbouring countries.
In 2003, Agnes, Joseph’s eldest daughter, takes up her turn on the exploration of the vineyard. Alongside her husband she pursues the development of the field, which now consists of a dozen hectares.